Monday, April 18, 2011

THIS LEVY IS LUDICROUS

The Superintendent held a town hall meeting at Williams Elementary on April 18, 2011.  The attendance was about 20 people.  Most folks there had a interest in the levy passing.  That was okay.  I wanted to hear their reasons for wanting it to pass.  I wanted to hear any board member speak on why they felt the need for a 10 year 10 million dollar levy.  I wanted to see all  interested parties interact with one another about this levy.  You know a real town hall. 

Instead we got the Superintendent Mr. Amodio repeating the same selling line.  It will cost $5.00 dollars a week.  We will have to close the library.  You know the exact same thing you read on the notice on the door.  Exact same thing.  Folks if you want the exact same o thing then vote for this levy. 

If you want to see something better vote NO and force him to do something else.  Force Mr. Amodio to speak of the good the bad and the ugly.  He wants to sell us on the good.  That is fine.  There is a lot of good things going on.  However, the bad and the ugly is what we have to discuss. Leadership is discussing this.  This levy money is not going to fix it.  Leadership does, and this Superintendent does not have the leadership skills to do the job.   

I would not have minded this levy if it had been brought to the community in a different manner.  When you try to insult my intelligence with the only $5.00 dollar a week, or we have not had a levy since 1995 crap it rubs folks the wrong way.  It might be only $5.00 dollars a week but $250.00 a year hurts like hell to a family barley paying the rent.  That family is mine.  

The Superintendent make it clear he was not there to have a town hall community meeting.  He was there to sell this levy.  I was the only one in the meeting that made it very clear that I was not buying what he was selling and that is when he decided on his own to close down the meeting.  And not everyone had spoke.  Say what you want about me, I was there to speak to speak my mind.  I made it clear ......Vote No 

No comments:

Post a Comment