Saturday, April 9, 2011

Norwood Students are being Shortchanged

When I think of education I think of exploring people, places and things unknown.  I think of being taken to places I wouldn't  normally go.  I think of being challenged to be different and to think different.   I think of the arts.  I am shown a old western movie.  I am educated about who Doris Day was.  I'm made to find the beauty in Malcolm X.  No matter how uncomfortable it may be.  Education is suppose to make you pick up a instrument and learn to play it.  Education is having a place to say "I need condoms because I'm experimenting".  Education is black boys being able to say and express "I need more".  Education is a white girl asking, "why am I attracted to this black boy"?  Education is learning about the medication (ADD)  that plague so many of our children.  Education is a  having discussion about our dear sister Rhianna.  Education is inviting our parents for a surprise thank you party.  Education is having a role in a play that was hand picked by a teacher thinking of you.  Education is losing and still having fun while doing it.  Education is openly discussing the pregnant girls in our schools, education is everything and it's everywhere. 

Norwood Students are hip, savoy, bright, over exposed, and begging us to give them the education that they deserve.  Until we do something different........... all of us even the students are being shortchanged.  That is shameful.

That is why I'm voting NO on this levy.




2 comments:

  1. Norwood students are being taught what is mandated by the State of Ohio and the Federal government. If you don't know how the education system works...why are you running for school board?

    ReplyDelete