Friday, April 1, 2011

BROWBEATING NORWOODS BUDGET

I sit here wishing there were lots of new, fun, exciting things to talk about in Norwood.  Instead the City Officials are browbeating this budget issue.  Sure, its important.  It is just as important today as it was this time last year.  Where was the decision making leaders?  Why did they not see the writing on the wall?  The amount of tax revenue coming into the city was far less than anticipated.  Did no one question this issue.  I mean where could their heads have been?  Who is minding the City's business?  I said in another article on this blog, The Mayor has failed this City terribly.  This is embarrassing and shameful. 

My personal opinion about the budget is the NPD and NFD need to take a huge cut.  Their budgets alone make it impossible for the other departments to operate.  For two departments to take almost 70% of the money is unfair.  I will make it clear, I respect their jobs.  However, I have a few issues with how they do their jobs. 

When you are the type of person I am, you will have lots and lots of encounters with police.  I see this as a good thing.  Especially since I'm a "round the way girl".  In all my worldly experiences I can say without a doubt Norwood Police are the most unprofessional department I have ever had to deal with.  With that being said, I say cut their money.  A city's police department will make or break a city.  NORWOOD YOUR CITY IS BROKE!!!!!!!!!!  So is your police department.  It has the worst police customer service I have ever seen. 

Being a cop is easy.  It becomes hard when you get too full of yourself(Norwood).  Being a cop gets hard when you put yourself before the people you serve.  Being a cop gets hard when you stop doing what you took the oath to do, Protect and Serve.  Cops nowadays are over paid and under scrutinized.  They have way to much authority with little to no oversight.  Cops are good people, the job makes them dishonest.  Even in a City this small being a cop should be real easy.  We only have four miles to patrol.  Take it easy, relax, and treat those you encounter like you would your mother. 

The budget needs your help firemen and police officers.  Take a major cut for now.  Watch, look and listen for the future to be better.  Then come back and ask for more pay.  Until then, stop being the hold up.  Let the unions make tough pay cuts, grit your teeth, grin and bear it.  We all are suffering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment