Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sagging .... All Time Low

I know you have seen the sag look.  Where men and some women wear their pants down below their behinds.  Some people sag to the point their pants are down to their hips.  Showing all  their under wear.  I understand this fashion started in our prisons.  My understanding  is, in prisons this was a  way to express to  gay men that he was available.  He would pull his pants down on his behind for all to see that I'm down with being gay.  No harm done there.  We the public did not have to see it or be offended by it. 

Now that the sagging look has came out of the prisons and into our communities, Are you accepting of it?  I'm not!  It is a disgrace.  It shows our world is in turmoil.  When we let our men and women walk around with their behinds out and nothing is done, we are in trouble.  Some men sag with no shirt on.  They sag to the point of having to hold their pants up. No belt,  no rope and sometimes no hope.  They look a hot mess.

Have you ever confronted a child sagging?  I have all the time.  I do it when the opportunity presents itself. I do it in a manner that will not hurt or offend the saggie.  I simply ask him or her why?  I sometimes ask, did your mother see you leave the house looking like that?  Or if the sag is really bad, I scold them and say,"there is classy and their is trashy, you are looking trashy. 

Yes, I know its dangerous to say anything to any body's children.  It's the mom in me.  I can't help it.  I refuse to let children think its okay to walk around with your underwear showing,  holding your crouch, with no shirt on.  Someone has to speak up and hold these children accountable for their uncivilized manners.  Most of them want you to notice them.  They want you to engage them.  They want to be held accountable.  If we never say anything to them this bad behavior will continue.  You will not reach everyone but if you reach and teach one......... that is better then teaching none.

Fashion trends come and go.  Lets help the sag go faster by speaking up and telling our young folk to pull them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment