Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dear Congressman Steve Chabot,

Your Town Hall Meeting on Monday August 22, 2011 sucked!   I have to express my disappointment with the sham you pulled on your constituents.

First of all your staff posted, NO CAMERAS.  Your staff was more concerned with that then welcoming us out for the evening.  Your staff asked us to fill out a form if we wanted to ask a question.  I did not.  You and your staff knew you would never read all of those questionnaires.  Then your staff member went through them and picked the topic that you could ramble on and on about.  It was not even a slight of hand trick.
I would think a Congressman  would arrive on time, (if not early) shake hands, give a smile,  take a picture, give a hug,.........nope.

You  arrived late at 7:15,  came in the back door,  went straight to the podium,  and proceeded to ramble till 8:10. 

The police officer got physical with people that had their cameras and you act like you had no pulse to stop the madness.  Your constituents were handled to rough.  All because you did not want to take a photo?  One man held up his hand for 30 minutes and you never acknowledged him.  Never told him to speak with you after the meeting.  Just nothing.  Approximately  10 people had blue pieces of tape over their mouth symbolizing  that you silenced their voice.  From what I seen, you and your staff did just that.  You talked the entire town hall meeting.   It was as if we were in school in a classroom and the teacher did not want to be interrupted.  We had to sit there and listen.  That is not a Town Hall Meeting!

You lost the constituents  after the first 10 minutes because you sounded pitiful.  You looked pitiful.  You looked scrip ed and phony.  You didn't look comfortable.  You didn't know where you were.  At least you did not mention where you were.  Did you know where you were? 

I suspect you came to get people's  information so that you could add it to your address collection.  You never intended to meet and greet your constituents did you?  You knew you would slither in there and slither out.  You said nothing new.  You couldn't make your conversation simple.  You talked about old, stale issues.  You told us over and over again that you have been in Congress 14 years the first time and 2 years this time.  Did you notice the people shake their heads and say term limits?  I suspect you didn't, you kept your head buried in the sand(I mean papers) till you left.  Your staff collected at least 20 to 30 questions and you read 6?  Not to mention the  topics you keep repeating over and over.   It was sad.  You seem stall, you seemed old, you looked old, that hair style is tired and you need to get it together.  The clothes you had on didn't seem guineue.  A suit to a Town Hall Meeting Congressman Chabot?  Where was the jeans,  or shorts.  I mean look casual sometime. 

You never said a kind word about our President.  To not have anything good to say about our President is so sad.  You lacked common sense to be positive. 

I left there thinking WOW did I just witness that?  People were walking around like zombies trying to come out of the haze of nothing-ness that you put us in.  We were asked by you Mr. Chabot to come to your Town Hall Meeting and you treated us crap.

I came there Congressman Chabot to meet you and shake your hand.  I wanted to put my face to your face to show you the lady that has been writing and e-mailing your office.  I wanted to say while shaking your hand, "Congressman Chabot my name is Yvonne Collins and I'm your constituent that has sent you a number of letters and e-mail".  I was wanting you to say "Oh yes, I have read at least one of your letters or e-mail".  Instead I got nothing.

I'll keep writing my letters to my Congressman I'll keep attending Town Hall Meetings, I'll bring my camera hoping to get a picture with you.  I"ll  fill out the question card with my information on it.  I'll pay attention to the other 45 minutes of what you have to say.  I'll sit and think this is time well spent.  I'll do my civic duty to petition my Government. I won't give in to  negative thoughts.

Until that day come, Congressman Steve Chabot your Town Hall Meeting Sucked!

Signed,

You Wasted My Evening



2 comments:

  1. at least he tried to meet with people who would voting for or against him. there are some people up for election that won't even answer simple questioned posed to the candidate in a simple blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big difference from Driehaus who REQUIRE invites to his "town Meetings". There were big signs posted that said "No Cameras" and "Invited Guess ONLY". I was there...I saw it!

    At least Mr. Chabot apologized and changed the rules...Mr. Driehaus did not. Mr. Driehaus went on tv and whined about it.

    So hats off to Mr. Chabot!

    PS: Those No Camera signs are all over the Avondale Center. They have been up for years.

    ReplyDelete