Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4-30-2013 Special Council Meeting

The City of Norwood, Ohio held a Executive Session on Tuesday April 30, 2013.  On the agenda was
1. City Finance
2. Employee's Salaries
3.Status of Employee's
 
This was a Executive session held from 5:30pm till 7:00pm.  There is no audio or video of the proceedings.  Not all council members were present.  Mr. Andrew Clark and Mr. Keith Moore was not present.
 
The Special Council Session started at 7:00pm.. At that time I was informed you were only allowed to speak about the one item on the agenda.  That item was renewing the liquor license for the Marathon Station across from the High School and the Store down the street on Sherman Avenue.  Norwood News and Views did find out some council members were against both businesses getting their liquor license renewed. 
 
Since I was there on behalf of Norwood News and Views I wanted to ask some questions of my City Council Members.  However I couldn't.  Here is a sample of the questions I wanted to ask my council members,
1. What do they suggest the City of Norwood do to bring in additional revenue?
 
2. When were they informed of this New Block Grant Money that just seem to appear?
 
3. Do they agree with Norwood teens and young adults needing more recreation?
 
4. What happens when the tax levy fail?
 
I basically wanted to engage the council members because during regular City Council Meeting you are only allowed to speak for five minutes and you are not allowed to ask questions.  You never get feed back at regular City Council Meetings.  The President Chair Woman Donna Laake informed me Ohio Revised Code says if you call a special meeting you can only discuss what is on the agenda.  Period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment