Thursday, March 24, 2011

Norwood Girls Softball team: Losers

As Charlie Sheen would say our girls are; Losers. The Norwood Varsity girls Softball team traveled to Roger Bacon only to be defeated by a score of 12-0.  The team was sluggish.  They lacked team spirit.  They looked like the players in the movie, The Bad Luck Bears.  They were awful.  They could not catch, they could not hit, they could not get it together.  I wondered if they knew where they were?

This situation is typical of what Norwood produces in sports.  I have watched the boys basketball team since the 7th grade and most of the same players are now Sophomores.  Over 4 straight year I guess those boys may have won five games total(maybe).  That folks is a shame.  Leadership starts at the top and from my personal knowledge of the Norwood School District leadership  is lacking.  That is why our sport teams are lacking.  This School District lacks  the will power to make serious changes.  They lack the will to step out of the "this is the way we always do it song". 

There is a $50.00 dollar participation fee for each student that wants to play sports for the year.  After what I witnessed today, I think they owe me $50.00 for making me watch that beat down.  As I told J.D. Foust the cost of playing, uniforms, snacks, bus, gas, jackets, shirts, hats etc. all go up and up yet the winning gets less and less.  It's not so much they took a serious beat down it's just that they are so use to it, they lack the will power to try to win.  It's a well we are gonna lose anyway, what is the point in trying.  Norwood is very well know for this.  I'll attend the next game and I'll report back to you.  Lets hope I can bring the we are "winners" banner home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment