Monday, March 28, 2011

Gerry Stoker.........A Menace to Norwood

Gerry Stroker is Norwoods Building Commissioner.  I have had personal dealings with this man and I can say without a doubt he is a menace to Norwood.  He is unprofessional, rude, racist, and suffers from small man syndrome.  My contact with him was horrible. 

In 2009 I contacted the Building Department to enquirer about what I needed to do to start and operate my childcare center.  I was referred to Gerry Stoker(small man).  This man took me through tons and tons of pure hell.  He made me pay fees, attend a public hearing, and file too many papers.  He spoke in a disrespectful and hateful tone.  In his power trip he acted  as if he knew what he was doing.  He made it known it was going to be his way or else I would not operate my center. 

When I attended the zone hearing he asked me all types of stupid question.  How many kids?  What hours of operation?  Was the parking good?  What about signs?  It was ridiculous and he knew it.  I had to have a zoning change?  I had to attend the meeting etc.etc.  When in the very end he had egg on his face.

The City Law director told us at the zoning meeting that Norwood Building Commissioner has absolutely nothing to do with my childcare center............NOTHING!  I was to get my money back for the fees and to operate as I wished. Because Childcare Centers are a State issue not city.  Just that plain and simple. 

He also tried to cite me for not having a hand rail on my porch stairs.  Until I had to seek legal assistance with this matter.  The lawyers came out took pictures of my property and my next door neighbor(who is white) and told me to let them bring the citations on.  If my next door neighor can have porch steps with no rail so could I.    Never heard anything else about a rail. 

My point is Gerry Stoker(I refuse to call him Mr.) is the reason Norwood is made fun of.  This type of nonsense is why Tracy sits on WLW and calls Norwood all kinds of true names. Too much power in one mans hand.  He has to answer to no one.  He runs that department with no integrity and honesty.  Goes back to this city lacking any type of professional leadership.  This city is ran on nepotism, sexism, and good o fashion racism.  Just hold on folks that  particular department is going to cost this city a lot more money than it already has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment