Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I'M ME AND I'M FREE

First and foremost let me thank 'GOD"  The Lord is my strength, help and protector.  He follows me all the days of my life and I will believe in his word forever. Amen

Second, a big "THANKS" to the many many folks I meet on this journey.  I got some hugs, some closed doors, some folks that recognized my voice, some that recognized my name, some that said, "thank you for what you are doing", and some that said, "you should not be doing that".  All in all I sum this experience up to ....Norwood got some great homeowners and residents!!  You can not ask for a better community.  WE ARE NORWOOD.

I personally passed out 800 vote no on the property tax levy.  I did not have a committee.  I did not have a agenda.  I did not have help or assistance.  I did not have a stragety focus group.  I did not have financial support.  I simply will not support the City of Norwood, Ohio until it gives me and my children a apology for arresting me in front of my children. For charging me with Domestic Violence for threatening and disciplining my child.  Only to have both charges and cases dismissed, when my son refused to come to court and testify against me. 

Until that day comes I will never support any tax levies.  Not only will I not support any tax levies I will work very hard to ask the community not to either.  The day is here that the Norwood Police Department and the entire Administration feels they can do whatever they want to who ever they want to.  That is dishonest and unprofessional.  A simple apology?  I have been told I will never get one. 

That's okay with me.  The charges were dropped and your officers were standing there looking like fools.  I'm hurt because it's over the Internet and it makes things a little tougher.  I'm responsible for what I have done, but I refuse to accept Norwood's nonsense.  It was never about my son it was all about not liking me.  Have you ever had a taser pulled out on you?  I have, by a Norwood officer.  I was offended, I'm way too cool and calm for that.  Besides I don't like to mess my hair up.  The nerve of him to pull the taser then hold it in a threatening manner is appalling and disturbing.

So I use what ever I can to ask the City to give me the long over due apology.  I don't suspect they ever will.  Hope they don't wait till I'm dead then give it to me.  Nope I need it now, I needed it like yesterday.  I hope I get it tomorrow.  I doubt it.  White folks think to apologize to a black person is unheard of.  After all we are in Norwood, Ohio.  The city that has never had diversity.  The city that has no women as a fire fighter.  The City where black folks get arms broken and phony charges.  If I didn't know better I would think we were living in Norwood in the 1940's. 

The next Tax Levy is in August or November............VOTE NO ON THAT LEVY TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment